Almade Cycling Touring Club Curriculum
The Academy is held twice a year. Typically starting late February and late July
Bike Driving I & II
Twelve weeks of cycling instructionfor adults who want to become competent cyclists. The course consists of two six-week modules: Bike Driving I and Bike Driving II.
Class size is limited.
See the calendar for start dates.
Do you want to:
- Jointhe funof cycling?
- Learnabout your gears and how to shift?
- Learnto fix your ownflats?
- Learnhow to ride safely intraffic?
The curriculum consists of lectures, demonstrations, practice, and supervised rides. (See Curriculum, left menu)
ACTC Academy Faculty is composed of experienced and qualified volunteer instructors many of whom are graduates of the Academy; several are League of AmericanBicyclists Cycling Instructors (LCI).
- Must have a geared bike (7 or more speeds) ingood working condition
- It is recommended you do not buy a new bike for the Academy. If you do not owna bike, beg or borrow a used one. You will be better informed for such a buying decisionafter some time inthe Academy
- Should be able to ride at least tenmiles inanhour without becoming exhausted
- Wear a CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) approved bicycle helmet
- Membership inAlmadenCycleTouringClub is required for all participants
- Due to insurance concerns, we must limit the Academy to people 14 years old or older.
- Parents must participate with their childrenif they are age 14 through 17.
Enrollment is opento everyone, but students must be members of ACTC at the time of the first class. If you are not yet a member, you may download the ACTC membership applicationfrom the club website Fill it out and mail it to the PO Box onthe form.
This page was last updated on November 25, 2017 If you have any suggestions and/or comments regarding this website please contact the ACTC WebMaster.